I am proud to introduce the last of my senior ROLEmodels for the class of 2019, the beautiful Jessica. Jess is a truly incredible girl and a junior at San Marcos High School. Jess and this wonderful team of girls already have a very special place in my heart and I feel very blessed to get to spend a whole year with them. I so love Jess's answers to her questionnaire bellow, I love that she took the time to really give us a chance to get to know her through her questionnaire. I especially love her definition of beauty (#6). For Jess's Boutique Shoot she is positively glowing in a handmade dress from The Shopkeepers boutique in the Funk Zone. I LOVE her in this look so much, and her beautiful red har on the green background is just perfection. Enjoy Jessica's eloquent answers and her photoshoot bellow.
1. ROLEmodel Name: Jessica Chalk
2. Hometown: Santa Barbara, born and raised!
4. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat or Combo (what’s your favorite social media): Instagram: jessica_chalk Snapchat: jessica_chalk
5. Dream Job: Zoologist and Anthropologist travel researcher.
6. How Do You Define Beauty?: Beauty is finding happiness and confidence within yourself not just physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually as well. Just being yourself and being happy with that is pure beauty.
7. I Chose Lucia Kiel Portraits and This ROLEmodel Program Because: Lucia is giving us the opportunity to not just have a chance to get our senior photos taken but also the chance to get to know a wonderful group of girls and get to know ourselves as the beautiful and strong women we are, but sometimes are just blinded by society.
8. Biggest Accomplishment So Far In High School: My biggest accomplishment in High School is being in the Health Careers Academy which has given me a forever family of amazing peers and the opportunity to be apart of bigger things such as the Certified Nursing Assistant program and the Internship at a chiropractor's office which has lead me to my current job. I couldn’t be happier to be involved in this Academy.
9. Unusual Talent That I Have: I am a skilled burper, it has been described to me as “frat-boyish”, while I’m not proud of it, it can be quite impressive.
10. Favorite Place On Earth: my favorite place on earth is my deck that overlooks downtown and the ocean in the morning with my coffee and a good book.
11. Favorite Song: Hallelujah written by Leonard Cohen, it is the only song I own 6 different versions of, my favorite version is k.d. lang’s 2010 it’s breathtaking.
12. Person I Most Want To Meet: The person I want to meet has to be Alan Alexander Milne and Ernest H. Shepard, I know that’s two people but they are to me of one creation. They are the writer and illustrator of Winnie the Pooh. They are the creators of my most favorite books and have made so many hundred acre wood adventures that although I was only reading, felt like I was strapping on my big boots with Christopher Robin and hunting heffalumps with Pooh bear and piglet. My childhood was made by the minds of these two men and I am forever grateful to have those memories.
13. Favorite Things In My Closet: Simple. Jeans and sweatshirts.
14. Something I Wish I Were Better At: I wish I were better at finding time to leisurely pick up a book or write or draw or learn how to play an instrument. For years I can’t remember when I did anything like that for myself.
15. 3 Things I Can't Live Without: Music, My animals, My mind
16. Something I Always Have In My Purse: Gum and chapstick
17. Favorite App On My Phone: Music
18. My Goal After High School: I want to not just experience college I want to experience the world and meet new people and learn what they have to teach me.
19. My Hobbies: I dance and choreograph pieces, I love to cook, watch, watch again, and perfect stand up comedian John Mullaneys acts then find a way to insert one of his jokes in every conversation I have, feel bad that I stole his joke and then give him the credit he deserves, and then feel unoriginal, try to think of own joke, fail, then repeat.
20. Favorite Fictional Character: Frankie Burgstein, she is rich old hippie. Who just doesn’t give a fuck. I love her. she is who I strive to be.
21. The Last Good Book I Read: The classic, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
22. What I'm Excited About For My Senior Year: I am excited to be apart of the Certified Nursing Assistant program that I get to be apart of because of the Health Academy at my high school.
23. A Random Fact About Myself :I had a broken bone every other year since preschool until I broke my leg in 5th grade. That was the last bone I have broken.
24. My Friends Would Describe Me As: Classy, sassy and a little smart assy.